Friday, November 18, 2011

GiGi all purpose honee

Happy Friday everyone! I realized that I did four outfit posts in a row so I decided to do a beauty post today. Have you guys ever used any products by GiGi? I have been using their waxing products for five years now. It wasn't until I went to beauty school that I learned how to use this wax correctly.
I bought my all purpose honee by GiGi from Sally's beauty supply for 10 dollars.  I usually buy the 12 oz, but since it lasts forever I decided to get the 8 oz this time.  I  love this wax! I use it to remove any unwanted facial hair, but I've also used it on my armpits (it was very painful!).








How I use it:
The wax comes with a clear lid first I remove it and then I heat the wax in the microwave.

I like to heat my wax for 2 minutes. I mix the wax with a stick and place a small amount on my finger to check how hot it is.

Then I just apply the wax evenly in the direction of hair growth. I use enough wax to thoroughly cover the hair.
  
When you apply too much wax it's difficult to remove. So I don't apply a thick amount.


Then I apply the paper strip in the direction of hair growth  and I run my finger over the strip. 

I remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth and I'm done.  After that I like to put a little baby oil on the skin.

I bought my paper waxing strips at Sally's beauty supply as well. I bought the waxing sticks at a dollar store and they work just fine.


 I love he fact that I'm saving so much money by doing my own waxing at home. I bought my wax for 10 dollars and I know that it will last over a year! Hope you guys have a great weekend! 

22 comments:

  1. We have been doing our own waxing at home for awhile too. We were paying $18-25 a visit just for eyebrows. Doing it at home definitely saves a ton of money! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Heather & Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the sweet comment hun!

    You're so brave...I've only waxed my eyebrows....don't think i'll try anything...but this is def a cheaper alternative!!

    HAPPY FRIDAY!!
    www.dashysassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) i been waxing forever too
    i wish i could take the pain for my legs
    i tried so hard to get used to it and
    nop ... i didn't work out for me lol so
    just facial hair and arm pits for me :)


    thank you for the product review
    ill have that name in mind!


    have a great weekend!



    *___000000___000000
    *__00000000_00000000
    *__00000000000000000
    *___000000000000000 XoXo
    *_____00000000000 Melina
    *________00000 www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com
    *__________0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have heard that GiGi's is the best, but I'm too chicken to wax myself :)

    xxMelissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried waxing because I am the biggest pansy ever. I would rather shave every other day and waste my life away, apparently ...


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am soo scareed to wax myself! :( soo i always get it done at the beauty salon :) but for some reason i havee very thin hair and it doesnt grow fast so i dont need to get it done very often :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a mess when I use wax :S

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice blog!follow us if u like our blog and we will follow too!:) s4sisterstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments :)

    guess I am a little brave for waxing at home because it can be dangerous lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoaaaaa, I wanna try this! Adding this to my list of "Must Try's"! Thanks, Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice stuff!!
    i've never heard of this brand before..
    don't even know if they have it here in England.

    I am doing my own waxing too and using Veet wax =)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's is a simple way to learn how to use the wax.

    thanks for sharing



    come for a visit, and if you like sign as follower...Ill do back

    ciao ave

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love gigi products too! I have a waxer and it's so great : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    I was looking for interesting blog to follow and I found yours.
    I hope you can visit and follow me too! See you on my blog!

    Have a great day!

    Regards,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I could ever wax myself- ouch! You're one brave woman :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great, but I'm always too scared to wax myself!
    I'll have to brave up and give it a go :)

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waxing your armpits is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ouch!! I would be so scared to do my own waxing, but I imagine it saves a ton of money!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for the tips :)
    I'm following your blog so we keep intouch :)
    Hope you can visit mine too
    http://aucoindubisou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a super idea.

    Id love for you to check out my blogging secret santa and participate.

    Cant wait,
    Summer-Raye

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for this! I can't bring myself to wax myself...too scared haha.


    -Ly
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete